Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Last Good Samaritan

All is not lost, my friends. As I lay on the sidewalk in front of my house, surrounded by three kicking hooligans, an Hispanic man emerged from his vehicle and trotted across the street, wavinf his arms and coming to my rescue.

The man's face showed grave concern, and he was willing to charge at three men, risk his own safety for some guy wearing a "baja" and torn jeans.

The frightened look on his face shifted to confusion, then annoyance as I jumped up from the ground, waving him off, informing him that we were shooting a short film, thanking him for "being there for me".

In response, he shot me a look that said, "next time it will be me kicking your ass."

I was still pretty impressed by the stranger's courage. One of my friend's stands well over six feet tall and goes about 260, sporting a swarthy look. I wouldn't go after him if I had a shot gun.

We had a good laugh about it, but ya know, it's nice to know there's a dude like that living in my neighborhood.

Now I know... the next time I assault a homeless guy myself, I'll make sure it's in another section of town.

2 Comments:

Blogger GB (admin) said...

I still think he was running over to join in.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Korte said...

You heartless bastard.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters