Friday, November 04, 2005

The Naked Show

Improv Boston (ironically located in Innman Sq, Cambridge) played host last night to Andy O'Fiesh's "Naked Show".

Yup...it's just like it sounds. All comedians- completely neckid.

The more I thought about it, though, the more I admired the comics on the bill for having the moxy to get up naked in front of a roomful of comedy patrons and perform stand up. I wondered if I would be able to do jokes about beer commercials and stop lights while wondering if the lady in the front row was judging me by my shlong.

How long a set could I do? Well, I can only hold my stomach in for about three minutes, so it would have to be somewhat shorter than that, although I'd plan to invest at least that much explaining shrinkage. Hard to believe most women still don't know about that little male issue.

To maintain concentration during a set isn't always easy to begin with, but in the buff? Talk about a challenge. I was much impressed by the focus of the comics on the bill. The audience seemed willing to laugh, albeit slightly uncomfortable, as was I.

Many things came to me during the show. Primarily, if I ever did this, I would abandon the notion of prepared material and focus on off-the-cuff stuff, or "riffing" as we like to call it when we want to sound cool and trying to stay in the moment, cuz everybody else sure is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters