Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Holy crap... this makes two movies in as many weeks that failed to fill me with dread and remorse and having bought a ticket.

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" was smart, irreverent and just plain funny. In spite of the clever plot twists, it never took itself too seriously, a common blunder in a plethora of crap-o-rific movies coming out of Hollywood now.

What puzzles me is that it is a limited release, appearing in only one theater in the area, in spite of the fact that I saw the trailer for it about five times at major theaters. Coincidentally, "Good Night, and Good Luck" (the Edward R. Murrow film) was also released in just a few local theaters. This makes me wonder if it was Hollywood's fear that too many people would be in danger of seeing a decent film and would expose how vapid the rest of the fare is.

I'm not going to give anything away. But this felt like a noir flick in the current day.

The best part of this whole thing is that I got to use vapid in its proper context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters