Thursday, December 25, 2008

One Happy Little Elf

Well, I had a nice week this Christmas. Headed over to my sister Debbie's for dinner, and stopped by dad's on the way home. Also saw dad Christmas eve for a bit. He was getting a bit of cabin fever, as he hasn't been able to go out at all due to the pneumonia. He seems to be getting a little better, but is still tired much of the time and sleeping quite a lot.

As long as he feels okay, I am happy.

Dad was very enthusiastic about some thermal socks he got as a gift from either Lauren or Thelma, anyway, it was one of his Friendly's breakfast buddies. He said, "it was the first time in ten years his feet weren't cold" and he was "never taking them off... I don't care of they rot on my feet- I love these things."

Ah... he still cracks us up.


He was also quite fond of some elf slippers Tina picked up for him. Apparently, they fit well over the socks. I didn't think dad would be willing to wear them, now he won't take them off.

Gene and Patty were kind enough to battle their way through the snow to dad's cottage in Maine and rescue his "Health Alert" box and mail it to him. I set it up the other day, but I still need to call them and get the emergency numbers adjusted. I am waiting to get the next door neighbor's number, so I can do it all at once. It is good to have it installed before Louise goes to Florida, just in case.

This is dad on Christmas eve in his new elf slippers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters