Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tourney Day 1, Flight 2


This is a view from my hotel room at night... the photo doesn't really do it justice, but it is beautiful.

I spent last night relaxing, laying low and trying to get a good night's sleep. I strolled down the riverwalk a bit and got some spaghetti for dinner. No sense in gambling with sushi or something exotic that could screw me up for today, so I played it safe with good old pasta.

I got home about 10pm, filled up the jacuzzi tub and watched "The Matrix" on my lap top computer in the hot tub. Life... it is very very difficult.

I hit the sack (nodding on and off) officially at about midnight. I still can't seem to sleep in at all, and woke up about 5:45 am. I have to admit, I am pretty nervous as the ratio of superstars and pros to amateurs here is ridiculously high. As usual, (and as my friend Joe says) "I would rather die than look bad". I just don't want to get schooled by someone and have to see it on ESPN.

It's about two hours until they shuffle up and deal, I have to be there 30 minutes early, so I heading out to grab some breakfast.

Updates may be available at http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/aussie-millions-2007/event-9-aussie-millions-main-event/blog/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters