Sunday, November 23, 2008

35,559

A quick update on word count. I was hoping to get to 36,000 today, then all I need to do is average 2,000 words per day through next Sunday and I'll make it to 50,000.

I got close, but truthfully, this thing is incredibly dull. At this point, it is about 110% about word count and nothing else. There is a usable story line, and old one I've wanted to work out, but I feel I've lost the story and the writing is actually fairly bad and pretty dull and matter-of-fact. I can see I need to work on how to get out a lot of exposition with regard to certain important points.

Thanks for following along. I can;t wait until the damn thing is done so I can write something I want to work on. The good thing is that doing this has proven to me I can make time to write, and I can pump out words if I just sit myself down and go to it.

The writing group I have been in off and on for eight or nine years looks like it is getting a bit rejuvenated as well, which is nice. A couple members are really cranking out the words.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Glad to see you're hanging in there! Remember why you started -- to finish. Where does your story take place?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Web Site Counters